Sunday, March 22, 2009

Assignment #7

I am responding to Assignment #7 on Ms. Pollock's blog.

Which category of Canadian Personalities interested you the most? Did you like the "we inspired", "we founded", "we fought", "we built" or "we governed" section the best? Why?
"We inspired" interested me most, because obviously it was the first one, and Mordecai Richler caught my eye 'cause he was the only person in that category that I know a little bit about.

Which personality interested you the most? Why? Find an image of him or her to embed (add to the body of your post) and write, in your own words, a short description of what he or she did and why he or she is your favourite.
Probably Mordecai Richler again because he is the only one I know a little bit about.
Mordecai Richler was a writer who wrote the Jacob Two-Two series and other books that I don't know. He is my favourite because I remember reading the first Jacob Two-Two book and thinking it was really good. He was born in 1931 and died in 2001 from something that it doesn't say on Wikipedia.

In your post, suggest three more influential Canadian personalities that could be added to this site. Why did you choose these people? Which categories would they fit into?

I couldn't find many good ones, but I found Alexander Graham Bell.
Which History-Maker did you have the most in common with? Were you able to figure it out from the clues given?What do you share with that person? What are some things that are different between you and that person?
The "History Maker" that I had most in common with was Thayendanegea, Joseph Brant. I was not able to figure out who it was from the clues given and the only thing that I remember that we share is that we both want a river named after us.... There are probably a lot of things that are different with us, so I'm gonna say, I don't know.......What?
One hundred years from now, (in 2109!) imagine that students are learning about Canadian History Makers and they discover you. What will you be remembered for? How were you a Canadian History Maker? You are using your imagination, so think about some things that you would like to accomplish in your life and imagine that you have all the accomplishments of your life to look back on. Write a short profile of yourself, imagining the contributions you have made to the future of Canada.
I hope that I am remembered for making the greatest movie of all time. With things that will appeal to all audiences.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    I'm glad you're catching up on assignments. You still need to submit Assignment #9 that was due on Friday.

    One problem with this assignment is that my questions are much longer than your answers. That should not be so. You need to remember that your mark is made up of the work that you communicate. If you are answering with the most brevity possible, I can only mark that. Please, please try to show some more effort.

    ReplyDelete

Where the Heck is Waldo?

Where the Heck is Waldo?
Oh...

Followers

Who's Instrument is Loudest?